
I work 6 days a week (Baking and Accounting), have just moved into a wonderful apartment that is unfortunately currently trashed and in need of decorating, have two scrapbooks to make by May, have to do my taxes and see my friends and family. So, naturally, I thought this would be a fabulous time to start training for another race!
Since I am the crackhead runner I am, (seriously, I'm addicted) I was online as usual searching for the next race to sign up for and I came across one in Napa, which is really close to my house. So I went to the website and GASP! registration is full...unless you sign up with this organization to help raise money to cure some disease of some sort. Now, usually, I would not be apt to do this because I tend to be in the school of thought that believes (especially in a recession) people like to hold onto their money and don't really part easily with said money for charity reasons unless they are immediately effected, plus I have a really hard time asking people for money.
But, since as aforementioned, I am an addict, I clicked the link anyway and low and behold, it was for Chron's disease, which I have. So, of course, I had to sign up. So now I am one of those annoying people who is asking for money, so watch out! If you see me coming hide your wallets and run the other direction (but you better run fast and be ready to do it for over 13 miles, because I am a trained runner :)), you'll know it's me because I'll be holding a spatula and a calculator in one hand, color swatches and a batch of pictures in the other, wearing mismatching clothing (since I have no time to do laundry) and most likely a brace on my knee, arm or other appendage.
Since I have already told you I have a problem just asking for money without giving anything in return, I have decided to start this blog so in exchange for your generous donations I will be giving you my stories (and of course the sweat and pain that goes into training for a race). I have a lofty goal of $3,000 and have currently I have raised a whopping $0 dollars. So please help a sister out and donate! I can promise you 4 months of fantastic stories and maybe even some delicious baked goods if you are lucky!
The link to donate is listed below. I will also be sending out weekly e-mails so if you are not already on that list and would like to be there please let me know! Thank you in advance for all of your prayers and support!
http://www.active.com/donate/napa09norcal/CLKeys
No comments:
Post a Comment