
My first ever visit to the zoo
This weekend was a ten miler in the city with the CCFA team and we got to run around one of my favorite places..the San Francisco Zoo!!!
As we ran you could see the kangaroos and right before we left the area we were able to see the bears from the trail! We did a total of 5 miles to and around the zoo and then headed off to circle Lake Merced.
Finding a place in the city that I haven't run is tough because I have actually run from one side to the other and up and down it (it's only 7 miles don't worry). Alex and I spent lots of time exploring in our years in San Francisco and when I started running I got to see a whole new side of the city. This is why I was shocked and excited to run Saturday as we were able to run something I had never even seen!

Lake Merced is sandwiched between some awesome army barracks and SF State so I always explored around the lake but never saw the lake itself. It was so nice to be able to look around and actually see something new, plus it was about 10 degrees cooler by the water so it was extra nice!
Alex got in the car after she finished and when I asked her how she felt "Ya, I'm fine." I called Momma K and Poppy picked up (he has been on a week long vacation to Scotland to golf) and lo and behold she actually got up and ran the thing with no provocation from me and was in the shower. When I finally got to talk to her she said "Ya, I'm fine. Didn't hurt. Wasn't hard." This however was my first long run back after my three week forced hiatus from running and man did I feel it! I was NOT fine!
I drove back to WC and wanted to take an ice bath but I was so tired and my legs hurt so badly that I just passed out...for five hours. Once I woke up I was feeling a little better so I walked around, stretched, ate and went back to bed. Sunday was a little bit better but man was today rough! The second day is always the worst and I felt terrible. I didn't want to lift anything at work and am so glad it was rest day.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better but how I feel is such a testament to why training is so important...no matter how in shape I am or how much I feel like I am a super runner, I am not superwoman and cannot just go run 10 miles.
Hurrah for getting back to training!
No comments:
Post a Comment