Friday, June 26, 2009

My version of that 11 miler...

Hello to all of our devoted fans out there! Well Cristin did come home to visit this weekend and I took her on my regular Hills Trails run. Yes it is an uphill run and this weekend I needed to add additional mileage. So I drove up and down literally to get the distance to 11 miles. I was sure to add what I thought was enough incline to get a good workout. What I didn't realize when you drive 40 MPH uphill and downhill the distance just doesn't seem too bad. It's an another story running that trail...The one hill is literally up a steep incline for 2 miles! OOPS poor Cristin who tried to run that entire time! Even for me who still is a run/walker it was hard. But I managed my time in 2 hours and forty five minutes. I really had a hard time the last mile and a half running because my feet were killing me. My heels were hurting and I thought I had a pebble in one of my shoes. As it turned out, it was my aching ball and arch that just endured too much pounding. This was the first time I ran pavement the whole way and didn't stop in the gym to run the treadmill. I will see how my feet feel this weekend on my 8 miler and adjust from there. My back was killing me Monday as well but Mickey came to the rescue and zapped me for 15 minutes at the end of my workout with little shocks. That really helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment