Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My recovery "8 miler"...

This is a recovery week where we decrease the mileage and let our bodies rest. I say that with a smile on my face because 8 miles is quite a long run in my mind still after all these months.


Knowing it was suppose to get up to 107* on Sunday, I headed out by 7:30 AM. It was definitely hot and dry so my strategy was to try and run as much as I possibly could so I wouldn't be out there too long. I bought my electrolyte drink with me and exhaled with extra breaths so my side cramping would be minimal. That all worked for me because I finished in 1 hours and 40 minutes with only one little side cramp. (I called time/temp when I got home and it was 97*). I didn't go inside the gym this week instead I opted to run around a large round about we have here in Summerlin and also through another neighborhood nearby. I later drove my distance and I did run just a little over eight miles. It seemed strange to me afterwards because it did seem like a short run and everything felt fine! Today I have an hour training which I'll go to the gym and run the treadmill...my training sheet instructions are to run an hour-30 minutes at faster than race pace. We're leaving for Brian Head, UT tomorrow so I'll run my other midweek day tomorrow morning. When I return on Monday, I'll run my 12 mile weekend run! ONLY TWO WEEKS until race day! I know I will be able to run this race after "practicing" all these months!

No comments:

Post a Comment