Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Yeah for trainers...Double Yeah for Mickey!!!
I have to give credit were it's due and that is to my fabulous trainer, Mickey. She helped me all the way with not only strengthen my core, my legs and abs but also helped me improve my form as she had me run sprints to also increase my speed. She is a RD so any questions I had about my diet, she knew the answer. She continually asked me if I was getting enough protein, vitamin B and was hydrating enough. Any time I was sore from training she was there to poke and kneed me to wellness. I really think there couldn't have been a better trainer to help me achieve this goal. Even today she saw how tight I still was three days after the race. She worked me out on the weights for about 50 minutes than took me into the physical therapy room where she had me get on the table (this is not the first time...) and worked on my hips and quads. Tonight I feel great! I CAN WALK normal again! Mickey did say take it easy this week. My body needs to recover from the race. As most of you know, I am the "Injury Queen", but I can thank Mickey for giving that title up. The best part of having worked with her over these past months is she has also become my friend. Yeah for my new friend, Mickey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment