Yes that's right Momma K did it in officially three hours and six minutes. Of course there was a fifteen minute bathroom line at mile six so I think I officially did it in under three hours and I say YAHOO to that! I really had a blast during this whole training and this week in SF. I couldn't have done it if it weren't for Team Challenge, Mickey and of course my driving force-Cristin.
I am so thrilled that I accomplished this huge feat that I would otherwise never have done without YOU! I put my age aside and focused on Cristin and the goal which for me was supporting her and trying to get through the training week by week...
Team Challenge organized all of the paperwork and details that went into the race which made it easy on the rest of us to focus on training and fundraising. I received regular emails from our coach, Jason, and Breanne, who helped us with fund raising. My mentor, Jackie, was a big cheer leader and kept Cristin and me pumped with regular shout outs on what a great job we were doing. The weekend finished with Jackie and the staff leaving us notes on our doors and leaving cards and champagne in our rooms for a job well done. It wouldn't have been the same without the "TEAM". But as you know, YOU were our true motivation and without YOU, none of this would of happened. A big THANK YOU to everyone who kept sending us emails, calls and in general just positive reinforcements. Looking back, I would of quit many times. Thanks for keep me motivated especially Cristin who was constantly checking on my progress and reminding me of the support you all were giving. So in the end, it was really YOU and again I thank you!!! Cristin laminated notes from some of you for me to read as I finished each mile...they made me laugh and cry but it was great to read an inspiration note about every 14 minutes! Thanks to you for your generous support!
Team Challenge had 550 participants across the country that ran in this race and together we raised 2.4 MILLION dollars! WOW! Our NorCal Team raised about $350,00 of that total. Cristin and I raised $3600-68% of our goal that we committed to as part of Team Challenge. Alex, Cristin's BF, also ran with us and she raised $2600! I am proud to have helped CCFA raise this much money for the cause to help raise awareness and find a cure for Chron's and Colitis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment