Thursday, July 23, 2009

Number Cruncher

We trained for 17 weeks.
We ran close to 300 miles.
We sent out over 50 emails to 58 people.
The CCFA team had over 550 people total.
NorCal had the largest team with 96 people.
We raised over $2.4 million.
That is $206,000 per mile run.
We collectively ran 7,283.6 miles on Sunday.
We ran for 1.4 million people.
We had 42 donors.
Our average donation was $88.81
We had 18 people give more then $100
We raised $3,677.50


To our donors- Momma K said in an earlier post that she ran with these...
These are mile dedications. At every mile I laminated a note from one of you so she could read it and have the courage to keep going. I thought of each and every one of you as I ran and I can, with all honesty say you pushed me through this. All 42 of you are amazing. From the largest donation to the smallest, we know how much it took each of you to give and are shocked and amazed at your generosity. They all meant so much to us. You are helping us to find a cure for a disease that sends me and 1.4 million to the hospital several times yearly and causes a lot of pain and adversity in our lives. You are helping us to overcome it.

To my mentor- Jackie Jacobus...you rock. You gave us champagne, the most heartfelt note I've received in a while, inspiration on our door the day before the race and endless support. Your mother is sick and this is why you are doing this. You are a beacon of strength and a great example to all of us. Your devotion to your mom and this cause constantly reminds me how special it is that my mom is healthy and is able to run a half marathon to support me. Your unceasing positive attititude, joy and cheerleading makes me want to be more positive and encouraging to others. We are blessed to have you in our lives and we are the luckiest TC members because we had you as our mentor.

To my family and Ms. Pappas- You are my support system. You were there to support me in the hospital through all of my visits, you rubbed my back during flare ups when I was crying and couldn't move, you drove me to my countless doctors appointments when I couldn't, you drove to Tahoe from San Francisco when I needed to be rushed to the hospital and no one else would do it, you paid for my excessive hospital bills and medications. You gave part of your lives to me and to help me get through this and I will forever be in debt to you. I love you.

and finally...
To Momma K- You are amazing. It is so inspiring to me that you did this. You did this better then I did. You trained harder. You fundraised better. You had a more positive attitude. You did it with no local team to support you. You are 52. You have a bad shoulder, weak hips, a foot problem that makes them hurt when you walk and ache in the morning and you ran a half marathon. I am so proud of you.

You are all my support system. You are all amazing. I am blessed. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment