Saturday, July 11, 2009

I hope I'm not in too much trouble...

I've been having a lot of fun with my sister and nephew from Austin who came in town for a ten day visit. We went up to Brian Head, Utah for the fourth of July and then went up to Park City and Salt Lake City. Needless to say, my running took a back seat for the week. I tried to run the 12 miles in Park City but the altitude was too much for me so I only ran for an hour at a much slower pace. When I came home, I thought I'll do my 12 miler on Friday...a week late. So I did head out on the normal trail route and added in an extra mile. I am showing my age here because I thought my inexpensive Timex watch was getting slow because the battery was wearing out when it read only two hours when it should of been closer to three hours when I finished. Only to realize after my cool down that I did not run 12 miles only 9 miles. My last run was a recovery run of 8 miles and I should of used the crazy hill route that I ran with Cristin...that was the 11 mile run. So now because we have only a week left everyone who has experience with running says it's so important to rest up before the big race and not to try to over do. I hope I can get this 13.1 mile race done without too sore of feet and everything else. If this is my only slip I hope it doesn't effect me too much. I'll let you all know in a week! Say a prayer for us to do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment