Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling good...

Yes it's true. I ran 10 miles and still felt good afterwards...a side ache came after two and a half hours of running but I was just about home so I pushed on it and kept going. I finished in two hours and forty five minutes-averaging a 15 minute mile. Which is what my overall plan was to go the distance and not worry about my time. I stopped three times, yes twice to go to the bathroom and once when Greg came to the gym with my capri pants because my tennis skirt was a "What Not to Wear" item for this long run! I get to run another 10 miles this weekend so I am looking forward to seeing if this next run will be faster and as pleasant as this past weekend.
What made it so good? I ran uphill in the Trails Park and ran better than the last time I ran this trail with Cristin. On the way back down, I paced myself and ran to the gym for another 3 miles on the treadmill (the gym was not fun). Too hot and boring! Then I left the gym and ran home. It is so much nicer running outside. The trail is dotted with desert flowers in bloom and the beautiful mountain views.
I did stretch when I got home and drank a replenishment drink. I also took a little nap to recover but all in all I was very happy to have run 10 miles and felt so good afterwards! I do believe my trainer is a huge reason I felt so good and also my attitude is back on track knowing I have a huge support team so I was out there enjoying the day as I ran past all the beautiful scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment