Friday, June 19, 2009

"Butt-burner hill"????

Cristin told me there's an article in this month's Runner magazine about the Napa to Sonoma race so I bought it and read the article. The main picture shows a steep incline with runner's coming up and part of the caption is runners climb "butt-burner hill" on Duhig Road in Napa...I'm in trouble now! The article gave a first hand account of a runner from last year who came to Napa and partied over the weekend and then ran the half marathon. She didn't say how she finished compared to the other halves she ran but she did say it was fun! I seriously am hoping this race doesn't do me in. I have tried my best to find and run hills here in Vegas and also trained on hill intervals on the treadmill. I sure hope this hill isn't the first of many serious inclines otherwise I'm in BIG TROUBLE! Today's training just happens to be rolling hills for 45 minutes...I better up the ante and get that hill interval raised up a tad!

No comments:

Post a Comment