Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Killer Workout!

My training schedule usually consists of Mon and Wed working out with Mickey with weights and Tues and Thurs run workouts at the gym. This week I changed it up a little because Mickey said to come in and do my sprint training on the treadmill with her. So I did and right now I'm really tired. For forty five minutes I did alternating half mile sprints and then a quarater mile recover walk. She watched me while I ran and said for me to run more erect and use my calves to push off to be more efficient when I run. I could feel different muscles being used with that style change. After the running , I had fifteen minutes left of my training time with Mickey and she put me on the gym machines and continued to work out my legs and abs. Oh MY I am very tired and she suggested I do that training with her every week but to come in a little earlier so I can have more time with weights afterwards! OK sure no problem...we'll see how I feel in a few weeks! This weekend I have another 10 miles and I still hope to improve my time from last week. I have one easy forty five minute run before Saturday's long run so until then I'll try and rest up!

3 comments:

  1. Did I just read "one EASY forty five mnute run" - who knew there was such a thing! Look how far you have come!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. How true! Funny becasue I was still tired today but a friend asked me to go with her to a 6:30PM cycle class and I said sure.. But I was really tired and wished I hadn't committed but I went and now I feel good again....it's 10:30Pm and I've just taken Shadow for a long walk and I'm still awake catching up on all my emails...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Connie,

    How inspirational. I wish I had that kind of motivation.

    I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

    Best,
    Hua

    ReplyDelete