You need to read the post I just blogged tonight before you can answer this...
So when Greg came in and said Mom it's 8 PM and you need to get to the gym, I thought OK I'll see what I can watch while I run. I checked the guide and saw MTV's Cribs was on from 9-11 PM and thought I can watch that and listen to my iPod while running. The Agassi 24hour fitness by my house happens to have TV monitors on the treadmill-complete with cable! I usually watch HGTV and listen to my iPod during my weekday training schedule. That's my secret to getting though my weekday runs.
It is late and for those of you who know me, my ADD set in and I changed channels so to speak and thought I need to get Greg's fall tennis team uniforms ordered. I went to the Internet and started searching for men's tennis wear and long and short of it...it was past 9pm. I then decided I would just mentally workout so I picked up my Galloway's Book on Running and started to read...did I mention I got a glass of wine with that book? Need I say more, but honestly I read about form, pace and injuries especially about plantar fascia which I definitely have and ice frequently. One of the signs are you can't walk first thing in the morning because your feet hurt so badly! This was a good night for me. I didn't run but I did educate myself. That book by the way was present from Cristin when I first began running and has been invaluable to me. The wine helps make me relax and have sweet dreams! So for all of those who think you knew me well, Did you pass with flying colors? ha ha ha I bet you did! Just in case you didn't there's hope for you...I am drinking a glass of water while I reread this to dilute that wine and feel great in the AM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment