Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday's Momma K Moment


This was on Momma K's first San Francisco trip that included public transportation. I told her to buy less at the Nordies sale so she wouldn't have to lug it around but did she listen? Since this post is about progress I thought this picture would be appropriate because now she is truly a city girl. She just checks her bags at Nordies and picks them up later...or has them shipped. She wouldn't be caught dead with this much luggage on the MUNI now!

I realized that all of my Sunday Shout Outs include Momma K and frankly, there is way more than just one thing that happens with Momma K on a weekly basis that I think you all would like to hear...so welcome to the Monday Momma K Moment of the week!

Momma K is officially a runner. Here are three examples of why:

Momma K a notorious piler. She leaves piles of things everywhere. If you ever go into her home and it's clean look around. There will be piles. Piles of what you might ask? Anything! Magazines mixed with pictures mixed with bills mixed with invitations mixed with trash. Well, she stayed in my apartment with me this weekend. I am not a piler. I am a cleaner. So when she came into my home and splayed her piles everywhere I was quite upset to say the least...but I noticed something...no longer were these piles of shopping bags or candy or trashy magazines, they were piles of health magazines, an iPod, sports bras and sports jelly beans.

While we were running this past week in Walnut Creek we were talking about the medals we get when we finish the half. As we were chatting about this Momma K says oh well that one is really cute, I hope my Las Vegas one is cute too! Yes folks that means she is not just doing this once, but twice...and she is excited about it!

We were sitting on our computers looking at Napa race information...
Me: "Holy crap, it sold out in January, good thing we signed up with Team Challenge"
Momma K: "Well we really need to remember that for next year and sign up early"
Me: "What? Now you are doing Las Vegas and Napa again?"
Momma K: "Well ya. Of course."

So you see folks...Momma K is officially a runner. The same Momma K who used to sit and watch Oprah and catch up with her personal trainer while drinking her coffee for thirty minutes before they "worked out" during her hour training session.

Hurrah for progress and snaps to you Momma K for you are truly a runner now. Welcome to the club!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I did not sit and chat for half of my workouts!!! There were a few times but usually I worked up a great sweat!

    ReplyDelete