Saturday, May 23, 2009

Recovery week-5 miles...not too bad...next week-10 miles!

Today I ran from my house to the gym and back. Luckily the temp has dropped so it was 82 outside and a bit of a breeze was blowing. It was nice to run outside. I wonder what the gym rats think when I get on the treadmill after I've just run 1 1/2 miles and come in all sweaty and start running at my 6 mile/hour pace and continue to just run. After 2 miles I get off the treadmill and when I head outside I start to run again...all the way home. There's a few things I need to dial in on during my training and get figured out. I am not a morning person so the whole bathroom thing is a problem for me. I get about 45 minutes into my run and then I have to go. I have tried a variety of things and still don't have the timimg down on this one. Napa only has toilets available in the beginning, middle and end of the race so I really need to get the timing right on this one. We received the rest of our practice schedule and it is a killer. They have really increased the sprints and lengths for the training so when we get to the race day we are all set. I also need to increase my hill inclines when training because LV is flat and dry here that will be an issue if I don't start to address it now.
A side note...For those of you who know me I am a creative person when it comes to photos and layouts so I am going to try and create my own motivational poster for me to hang in my office. The problem will be downloading the pics from Cristin and the blog thus far. She's off today at an all day picnic with friends. I'll have to try all by myself to do this...this may be more challenging than running! ha

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am impressed by all this running! And your body is holding up???? karen j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristin can you copy the Napa poster and Picture of the Napa medal and Send to Costco and order a cd disc too? Then I can make a nifty poster! Thanks MOMMA K

    ReplyDelete