I came back into training at the perfect time! Recovery week!After two loooong recovery weeks, I am finally back!!!!
Anyone who knows me knows that I need to be going all of the time and have activities in my life, especially my favorite one, RUNNING! So...when my doctor told me that I needed to take two weeks off I wasn't exactly looking forward to it.
The first week wasn't so bad because my intestinal tear still hurt a lot and I was on a strict diet and did not feel like running. Last week however, was brutal. I wasn't able to lift things at work due to doctors orders and I couldn't even cross train at the gym. I was cranky and felt totally useless.
Monday I got back into the swing of things with a cross training work out that just ended up being a half hour run becuase I missed it so badly. I did speedwork and sprinted hill intervals in order to tone my legs and get them back in running shape and to remember how it feels to run fast and push myself. It felt so good! Luckily, this week is a recovery week in our training schedule so I won't have to push my body too hard on my first week back.
Yesterday was a bit more difficult becuase it was my first endurance run since my hospital visit. I was ok for the first mile or so but my lungs and heart weren't doing too well for the rest of the run. My stomach has also been given a break and it had a hard time readjusting to running life. Regardless of how I felt I was able to finish and I am looking forward to hitting the treadmill again today.
Hurrah for my return to the running world!
Anyone who knows me knows that I need to be going all of the time and have activities in my life, especially my favorite one, RUNNING! So...when my doctor told me that I needed to take two weeks off I wasn't exactly looking forward to it.
The first week wasn't so bad because my intestinal tear still hurt a lot and I was on a strict diet and did not feel like running. Last week however, was brutal. I wasn't able to lift things at work due to doctors orders and I couldn't even cross train at the gym. I was cranky and felt totally useless.
Monday I got back into the swing of things with a cross training work out that just ended up being a half hour run becuase I missed it so badly. I did speedwork and sprinted hill intervals in order to tone my legs and get them back in running shape and to remember how it feels to run fast and push myself. It felt so good! Luckily, this week is a recovery week in our training schedule so I won't have to push my body too hard on my first week back.
Yesterday was a bit more difficult becuase it was my first endurance run since my hospital visit. I was ok for the first mile or so but my lungs and heart weren't doing too well for the rest of the run. My stomach has also been given a break and it had a hard time readjusting to running life. Regardless of how I felt I was able to finish and I am looking forward to hitting the treadmill again today.
Hurrah for my return to the running world!
No comments:
Post a Comment