Thursday, March 19, 2009
The Biggest Losers Did It-Can I?
For all of you who are addicated to TBL this week was very inspiring because they were all sent home and their challenge was to run a half marathon! The prize for the winner was $10,000! Well, I have to say most all of them did the run under three hours which is what I hope to be under too when my July run comes. This week has been a challenge. Tues night I had bunco and besides the fun times I also drank glasses of wine(I wasn't counting)! Then on Wednesday, a group of my friends went down to the new Encore Hotel and ate at Wazuzu-lots of MSG I'm sure and sauces and some fried food. I had to run and finally arrived at the gym at 8PM. Need I say more? Between the left over wine and the heavy feel from the lunch I had eaten seven hours earlier I still could feel it affecting me. Also I am not at my best physical self at 8 PM. I was ready to wind down from the day and so it was really hard for me to finish. About 25 minutes into my run I decided to stop and just walk it out. I hate to say it but I really couldn't even finish that. So I left and decided not to let anything get in my way again. I won't let wine, food or the hour of the day get in my way again. The action plan as always is just that have a plan and stick to it! Today is a new day and I started with a healthy breakfeast-spinach omelet. I won't skip lunch. As soon as my painters leave today I will get to the gym and cross train and stretch. I look at this week as a slow start but there's plenty of time to catch up! Time for lunch...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment