
GU is exactly how it sounds....a shot of mushy goo like substance that the minute it hits your tongue you are supposed to get a sudden burst of energy and that will propel you through your upcoming miles.
It contains electrolytes or magic energy or something like that and if you are running long distance it is considered essential to get you through those long run days.
Personally I cannot eat strawberry flavored pudding so I found these...

and these.....

I consider them my running savior (besides my non-cotton shirt, double layered socks, nike+iPod and running shoes of course). They are less pudding like and more jelly like. They are not exactly delicious but I have taken them twice now and they work SO much better.
While they do not give me on contact energy to run 30 miles, they do help get me through a few extra miles.
Oh the joys of running.
Hurrah for no more GU!!!!
ooo but the Chocolate- mint Gu's are so yummy!! I can't do any other flavor though...
ReplyDelete