Cristin asked me to update my blog. Well, in the past week I have lost 5 lbs! WOW! And I have started my training without much guidance, only knowing Cristin believes in me. I've headed to the gym and have given my all to get this process started. This past week I have taken my new shoes to the gym to "TEST" and besides them holding up so have I. My first test run came Friday when I had played two and a half hours of tennis, then met girlfriends for lunch(grilled chicken salad-dressing on the side!) and back to the gym to walk/run for 30 minutes-distance 2 miles. Then on Sunday I ran/walked for 45 minutes and 4 1/2 miles! Yes there was a difference in my speed. I came home to double check I still was five lbs lighter and I was! So I am really happy to have made that progress this week. I had to rest today which was hard because Monday is always a gym day for me. Tomorrow I have a tennis lesson and need to go for another 45 minute run/walk. I think this whole process will be interesting to say the least. I look forward to this coming week. I received my packet from Team Challenge and read through it tonight. I never knew how much goes into these runs. I look forward to being a part of this and of course teaming with Cristin!
Correction...Sunday distance was 3 1/2 miles. Not quite a super runner yet!
*Note: This blog was posted by Cristin for Connie...as she left it as a comment on one of my posts...she couldn't correct it however because when I told her via e-mail to copy and paste it she responded with..."you assume I know how to copy haha". She successfully posted another one though so at least she is learning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment