Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two weeks and counting...

My daughter of little faith in me didn't think I'd made it to the gym today...she is wrong! I actually did go to the gym and it was very hard. First because it was morning and I am not a morning person. That really proved to be true today when I tried to run while watching Oprah and walk during commercial breaks for the hour I was on the treadmill. The girl next to me threw me off a little because she kept stopping her runs and I kinda picked up on that. I ended up walking during the show and running during commercials. I did journal my progress...330 calories, 3.25 miles in the 45 minute training. (The warm up before is included but the cool down afterwards is not.) All I wonder is it better for me to go in the afternoon when I am wide awake and my best effort physically? Or should I train in the am? I wonder though because I do have to get up and run early in the am in July...I am even thinking of going to bed earlier and working out earlier...WOW that might just make me a morning person-until July. I'll have to give this matter some thought and talk to some runners who can give me advice. Tomorrow I will be back out there walking/running. Friday is my rest day so yeah for Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Keep pushing through those hard days Momma Love. It is totally worth it when you finish and know you didn't give up halfway through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job MOM! I just re-read that and holy cow...if you keep improving at this rate you'll catch up to me in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two are just too too cute - love the running outfits - Love Aunt Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gran Jackie says HI!
    And, the check is in the MAIL . . . Good Luck

    ReplyDelete