Thursday, March 5, 2009

I fell off the wagon.



As my wonder mother is bouncing away on her treadmill eating well and dropping pounds like crazy...I am sitting on my couch and eating cookies!

Well, not exactly. I ate one cookie dough scoop, one half of a cookie, some popsicles, a sprite and some fritos.

Yesterday was a rough day at work as Super Jen went out of town leaving me in charge! Yikes! So, like most people, I eat when I am stressed. I had a feeling this would happen so I prepackaged servings of carrots, peppers, apples and raisins. Unfortunately for me...I eat A LOT when I am stressed and when through those bags in about an hour.

After my little bakery splurge I got home and was exhausted. I was supposed to go for a 3 mile run (today was my easy day) but what did I do...napped! I rationalized this with myself by saying that I wouldn't get a good workout in if I was tired and man was I tired.

But then I got a phone call that made this rationalization just seem silly. This phone call was from Momma Keys! As I was hearing she went to the gym when I decided to nap I became extremely motivated (unfortunately too late to go at that time) and I will be heading there to do my three miles and weight lifting today...on my rest day!

Hurrah for my accountabilibuddy...my momma dearest and getting right back on the wagon when we fall off!

No comments:

Post a Comment