Friday, April 10, 2009

An Exciting New Running Toy!!!





















This is exciting information for me!
One of the fun things I found in the book store at USD was a Sportsuit Sensor which houses the cool Nike + iPod sports kit. (see CK's blog from February about this) I didn't know they made this cool little pouch for your shoe laces that would house the iPod device that tells you everything. You hook it into your iPod so while you're listening to music this nifty little device is tracking how fast and far you run and graphs your pace while you run-includes the slow valleys and fast peaks. You see for me I just run. If I'm on the treadmill I can see how far I am running and I try to walk a quarter of a mile for every half mile run I complete. When I am out on the pavement, I just run and walk when I feel I need to rest. There's nothing scientific about it. I knew CK had this cool device but thought only Nike shoes would house this chip. SO when I saw this pouch that you could put onto your shoe laces and then put the chip inside and calculate all this great info I was excited! The best part is I also got a 15% discount at the USD bookstore because we visited the campus that day and there was a coupon in the packet. Anyway, CK is home and she can show me how to use it on the computer. That would of sent me for a loop seeing as how I am not that computer friendly. Oh BTW did you notice the picture at the top of my blog? She also showed me how to do that this morning...I am getting so tech savvy!
FYI the Sportsuit Sensor+ ,the case for the Nike+iPod sensor, is made by Marware and the Nike+iPod is sold separately. I bought one for Cristin at Nordstrum's in the shoe Department by the Nike shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment