Thursday, April 9, 2009

A San Francisco Treat!

It's been a busy week for me traveling during spring break. San Fran was fabulous. I love that city. Cristin met me at the Bart station near her bakery. I met her boss and the rest of the staff that works there and ate lunch plus a few treats from the bakery. OMG the lavender shortbread cookies were the best! I don't know how CK can keep herself from indulging on a daily basis. We went to the gym and trained when we got back to WC that night. I shopped the next day and then went out to dinner indulging in wine and fine food. I have a really hard time when I go to SF because CK always finds new and wonderful restaurants. They are too hard to resist! The next day we had our run and I loved it! I could of run longer...the views and my energy seemed endless. We ran along the water from the base of the bridge to Fort Mason-six miles along a gravel trail that while running I watched other people running, cycling and walking. There were sail boats sailing in the bay, great yachts docked, kids playing soccer in the fields. The weather was perfect-low 60's and blue skies-perfect running weather for me. The clinic afterwards gave a lot of info for me to digest(HA) and I will put to use. I even bought an aluminum water bottle after being guilted into it from CK. She is truly a SF resident now. The rest of the trip was great too. We went to Berkeley and saw hippies and the beautiful campus. Shopped some more in WC and visited with some friends from when we lived in NYC that now live near Cristin. I can't believe it was only four days. I got home and did a quick turn around and left for So Cal with Greg to see some college campuses. Unfortunately, I didn't work out at all other than walking all over campuses which I'm sure burned a few calories...

No comments:

Post a Comment