Monday, April 20, 2009

Lessons learned the hard way...

This weekend I had to run 7 miles! WOW! I thought I can do this but didn't think what I ate would affect me...BUT I was wrong. Saturday night I went to my friend's house who was having a tequila tasting get together with what else but Mexican food. I drank red wine thinking that was better than doing tequila shots but ate the Mexican food-beans, fajitas etc. Waking up Sunday morning, I didn't feel great but did manage to get dressed in my running gear and headed out towards the gym and trail system that is one and half miles from my house. I didn't feel bad on the way but because it's been warm here-80's that was too warm to run the uphill trail system so it was off to the gym. Thank God I choose the gym because I kept having to pause my button on the treadmill and to go the bathroom! I did manage my mostly walk-little run 7 miles goal but did it in one hour and forty minutes. Much slower than I should of and now know as I have to run the longer distances I will have to think about what I put in my body the day before for fuel. It really does matter-YOU are what you EAT! BTW I lost another pound this week. I love running.

No comments:

Post a Comment