Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sprints: Too Many Hot Dogs Edition


Today my fabulous boss at Batter Bakery...fondly known as SuperJen and I went out on our first Batter sponsored outing...the Giants home game opener!!

With baseball games comes something that is strictly against my diet...delicious, overpriced and "made of rats brains" (says Momma K)....hotdogs!!!

SJ and I both had three plus some popcorn and sodas...all VERY against my diet...but how many chances do we get to go to opening day?

So we ate...and enjoyed the first win of the season for the Giants. :)

During our little feast I completely forgot that I needed to run an hour of sprints for training...so I went home and ran. I have been feeling great lately on my runs and I can tell my legs are much stronger. I was able to run my sprints faster than before and felt fabulous while running them...

until I got home..

SuperJen and I spent the next two days in detox after all the salty, fatty foods we ate Tuesday...no sweets, lots of water and absolutely nothing that even resembled a hotdog. I couldn't run today because of it and while I enjoyed America's favorite pastime...I will be sure not to enjoy all of the nasty food next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment