Monday, April 13, 2009

SLC Half Marathon..Here I come!


After 6 miles and 12 miles.
*Quick story about why I love my family and why they make me laugh.
Me:Greg please make me a sandwich
Greg:No
Me: Please, I just ran 12 miles, I deserve a sandwich.
Momma K: Me too!
Greg: Cristin I will make you a whole sandwich, mom you only ran 6 therefore you only deserve half a sandwich*


This weekend was Easter and Momma K and I unfortunately were not giving a break off of running...but we did get to eat a little more candy because of all the calories we burnt off!

Momma K had 6 miles and I had 12 (my last long run before my SLC half!) so I was going to do our loop twice. Momma K took off a little before me and so I was able to catch up with her about mile 1. I forgot how dry Vegas weather is and I had chosen the only course in Vegas with 6 miles of uphill so by the time I got to her I was dehydrated and not feeling very strong.

I ran the first 3 miles with Momma K and then turned around and ran as fast as I could back to make up some time. Miles 6-9 were uphill again and brutal. I finished 3 water bottles and my quads were burning! I finished the whole 12 just 13 minutes after my pace, which considering the situation was much better than I expected.

I came home and immediately took an ice bath. Much to the satisfaction of Greg and Momma K who sat around and laughed and took pictures as I froze my little butt off.



Hurrah for family and vacation...and getting back to humid weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment