Yes, I said just in the Mick of time and meant it. I really think if I hadn't found Micky , my trainer, when I did I would be in bad shape by now. I have a weak back and hips and core and probably everything else but she has been working with me to strengthen all of it. Last week lifting all the boxes and stuff should of really killed my back. It wasn't too bad...I experienced only a little back pain. I have also developed very sore feet from the pounding when I run. I couldn't put any weight on them in the morning when I first got up. At our work out session this week, I said "HELP" and she knew exactly what was wrong and how to help. She put these little pads on my lower back that zapped me with shocks throughout the workout. It worked because the next day I wasn't sore. She kneaded the bottoms of my feet-it was a bit painful but again they don't hurt either. I have to stretch more and ice my feet when I finish my workouts but again without her knowing what was wrong I would of been in very bad shape by now! THANK YOU MICKY!
Last week because of all time it took to prep for the garage sale and my aching feet I didn't run until Sunday. I went again yesterday and things were fine. I did forty five minutes on the treadmill and focused on form instead of distance and all is good. I learned I really need to stretch and even ice my feet when I am finished running. It helps me the next day to recoup and feel no pain.
I look forward to going to SF this week... for what else but more fund raising!!! and of course more running!!!
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment